1896 was the founding year of the Kliegl Brothers Universal Electric Stage Lighting Company with the intent to design and build electric light fixtures for studio and stage. With competition primarily featuring antiquated gas lamps, the brothers quickly gained notoriety and success to become one North America’s most prolific manufacturers of studio lighting.
This particular unit originated in the 40’s and 50’s and has been stripped to bare metal and refinished in an antique bronze patina. It includes a flawless 6 inch Pyrex lens, the ability to adjust the beam from flood to spot intensity and has been converted to a regular household bulb and ceramic socket. It is perched on a collapsible Mole Richardson wheeled stand that extends the lamp upwards from 5 to 9 feet and comes replete with a generous length of electrical cord.
Very cool piece of illumination for artwork and architectural features or just to use as the ultimate reading light - $650.
|Click to enlarge|